5/5/09

Keep Calm & Carry On; Print Redesign

Designed in Adobe Illustrator CS3; font: Univers

Inspired by this WWII British poster, I present to you this piece of quasi-fascistic office propaganda. May she inspire our designers to glory and proper typesetting!

Designed in Adobe Illustrator CS3 and Adobe InDesign CS3; fonts:
Nevis Bold, Gotham, & ITC Galliard Standard.

I promised a print redesign, and lo, here it is, for your enjoyment and judgment; note that I will probably replace the body text with either Meta Serif or some comparable serif typeface.

Also, I'd like to voice my sincerest apologies to Ben "Rossi!" Rossi, who--last I checked--was not a gibbering fool.

On a side note, I did in fact take that F1 photo*.

The various, disparate "mini-features" currently in print--such as the crime report and corrections--will be overhauled and unified via a system of info-icons. I don't know whether I'd like to extend this system to each section, but it's tempting.


*For the photo-curious: I've a D90 with a 24mm f/2.8, 35mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.8

No comments: