8/7/09

From the Lands of Nether, a Redesign!


Designed in Adobe Illustrator CS3; fonts: Gotham & Museo
Dimensions: 6.125" x 8.75" x 0.5"

Fact: I do not read a lot of "fun" books. Many a grave tome on organization theory, political philosophy, and other equally weighty (read: boring) topics adorn my bookshelves, and the few volumes of fiction that are up there are usually just as depressing (thank you, Dostoevsky & Tolstoy!). Still, this does not mean that I do not read "fun" books at all, nor does it dictate a strictly serious literary life.

For instance, charitable, wonderfully kind individuals dear to me take it upon themselves to save me from my perennial gravity, for which I am eternally grateful. Consider this redesign of Joseph O'Neill's Netherland as a repayment of such magnanimous gestures.


Front cover


Spine


Back cover

No comments: