8/11/09

The Neverending Gallery of Gravity: Nuclear Incineration Edition


Designed in Adobe Illustrator CS3; fonts: Gotham & Rockwell
Dimensions: 5.65" x 8" x 0.5"

I surmise that someone else has already used the trifoil pattern for a book on nuclear security, but not for Waltz & Sagan's relatively slim volume on proliferation, which, I would add, is requisite reading for several international relations classes at the University, all of which recommend themselves as engaging, generally well-taught courses. In any event, any resemblance to my redesign for Pape's Bombing to Win is pure coincidence, though the motif would probably serve admirably for a series on politics and security studies, perhaps as a counterpart to the "blue books" on philosophy and other such weighty topics.

I'm beginning to think that I can scrape together a living designing book covers for political science professors. "T^2: Freelance Book Designer"--I like it.


Front cover


Spine


Back cover

Drawn in Adobe Photoshop CS3

It's been a while since I did an illustration by hand, so here's some assorted sketches of soldiers, a topic only slightly less apocalyptic tha nuclear annihilation.

No comments: